Prices of food items increased in March: BBS
Publish | 09 Apr 2019, 00:00 | Update: 09 Apr 2019, 19:39
The overall inflation rate increased in March considering the month of February in the current year. Though the inflation rate for food items rose slightly up but the rate for non food items decreased.
The overall inflation rate increased 0.08 percent within one month of interval. The overall inflation rate was 5.47 percent in February and it stood at 5.55 percent in March.
On the other hand, the inflation rate for food items stood at 5.72 percent in March which was 5.44 percent in the earlier month. The inflation rate for non food items decreased to 5.29 percent which was 5.51 percent in the previous month.
The information came through analyzing the data of Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS).
Planning Minister M A Mannan unveiled the update information of BBS over inflation at the conference room of National Economic Council (NEC) at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in the capital on Tuesday.
According to BBS, prices of fishes, meats, vegetables, fruits and other food items have increased in March.
Meanwhile, though inflation rate increased for food items in the villages but prices of non food items have decreased slightly. The scenario is same in the urban areas.